Published: Friday 19 January, 2018

Duterte Warns Clark Airport Officials: 1 More Luggage Theft They’ll be FIRED!

An angry President Rodrigo Duterte gave Clark International Airport officials an ultimatum: Shape up or ship out! Duterte was referring to the luggage theft at Clark airport recently wherein an OFW lost thousands when he discovered that his luggage had been opened and its contents stolen.

Duterte OFW luggage theft

Duterte will fire Clark airport officials if another luggage theft occurs.

At the launch of the Overseas Filipino Bank, Duterte told everyone how he summoned transport officials to talk to them about the theft at Clark International Airport.

“Kanina tinawag ko sila. Sinabi ko sa manager, ‘yan dalawa, in front of Tugade, I said, ‘A similar and one more incident and all of you will go.’ Look for another job. Be sure na walang zipper mabukas diyan,” the president said.

  WATCH Batang Gilas vs Australia Semifinals of 2018 FIBA Asia U18 Championship

“Alam mo, I will not belabor the point. Whatever is in my heart or in my… the gray matter between the ears as… huwag na ninyong tanungin ‘yan pero talagang sinasabi ko, take care of the ordinary human being. ‘Yan sila diyan,” he added.

“Kasi ako, Presidente halos masabi ko, para lang ako sa mga kababayan kong ordinaryo. Hindi naman mahirap, ordinaryong Pilipino.”

The case of the OFW from Canada went viral earlier this year after he posted his shock and disappointment on social media.

Jovenil dela Cruz arrived from Canada on December 23, 2016 and his luggage arrived the following day. However, it was not until January 10 that he was allowed to claim it. However, dela Cruz was shocked to find that a lot of items were missing from his luggage.

  LPA Inside PAR & Tropical Storm Shanshan Affecting Southwest Monsoon (Habagat)

“Nakita naming wasak ang mga zipper [ng bagahe namin]. ‘Yung box namin, bukas na nung dumating kami. Sa sister ko, sorry nawala ang mga T-shirt mo. Nawalan din kami ng mga pasalubong tulad ng Victoria’s Secret, mga lotion, at mga sabon. Sorry na lang po sa mga hindi mabibigyan,” a frustrated Dela Cruz said in the video.

Six employees of ground handling company MIASCOR Aviation Services were sacked.



Inline
Inline