Published: Wednesday 27 September, 2017

Noven Belleza Finally Talks About Rape Case, Denies Out of Court Settlement

For the first time since he was accused of rape, Noven Belleza faced the media. Naturally, most of the questions were on the alleged rape and the reported settlement with the victim that led to the dropping of charges. But Noven Belleza denied there was an out of court settlement.

Noven Belleza

Noven Belleza talks about rape case for the first time. (Instagram/ABS CBN PR)

The Tawag ng Tanghalang champion said he was willing, and prepared, to face his accuser in court. But, in the end, she decided not to pursue her allegation on Noven Belleza. Earlier this month, the unnamed victim submitted an affidavit of desistance in court saying she is no longer interested in pursuing the case because of the adverse effects it had on her and her family.

The accuser went public and said Noven raped her in Cebu the night before his concert with Vice Ganda. According to the alleged victim, who was a fellow Tawag ng Tanghalan contestant, Noven forced himself on her and used his finger to rape her.

Belleza was arrested right after the concert of Vice Ganda and detained until he was able to post bail several days later. Rape is a non-bailable offense but the prosecutor downgraded the case to sexual molestation.

“Kung ano ‘yung binato n’ya sa akin, gusto kong ilaban ‘yun sa korte, para mapatunayan… Malinis po konsensya ko mula nung pinaratangan ako. Wala po akong ginawang kasalanan,” said Noven during the press conference held Tuesday.

“Nalaman ko na-dismiss po nung judge, kasi wala po s’yang, gustong ilaban po. Wala rin po s’ya sa mga hearing. Kausap ko po palagi ‘yung abugado ko. Kung may settlement man, kasi pera ko ‘yung gagamitin, ayoko. Ayoko na rin pong makipag-usap sa kanya.”

Belleza may not have made a settlement with the victim but a payment may have been made for the victim to drop the charges. Did ABS CBN make the settlement to protect its ‘investment’?