Published: Wednesday 12 July, 2017

Vhong Navarro Arrest Soon for New Deniece Cornejo Rape Case: Tony Calvento

If you thought the Deniece Cornejo rape case against Vhong Navarro is over, think again. Tony Calvento thinks a Vhong Navarro arrest warrant will be out soon as the Department of Justice (DOJ) will issue a resolution favoring Deniece Cornejo.

Vhong Navarro arrest

Vhong Navarro arrest may be forthcoming due to the  third rape complaint from Deniece Cornejo. (Philstar photo)

“THIS COMING WEEK VHONG NAVARRO WILL BE ARRESTED!” wrote Tony Calvento on his Facebook page where he also posted the third rape complaint of Cornejo. The DOJ had already dismissed two earlier complaints filed by Deniece but her camp now says they have additional evidence against the TV host/actor.

According to Cornejo, Vhong Navarro ‘drugged’ and raped her. In the complaint, she said she felt dizzy after drinking wine that the Navarro brought to her apartment on January 17, 2014, and attempted to rape her again on January 22.  She also she she acquired a bacterial vaginal infection from the TV host/actor.

But Navarro’s legal counsel, Atty. Alma Mallonga, said Calvento’s claim of the impending arrest of her client is false. Firstly, their camp has not even received a copy of the complaint so how can it be up for resolution by the DOJ. Secondly, Mallonga is sure that the DOJ will dismiss the new rape case as it did the two previous ones.

There was no evidence that Vhong Navarro raped Deniece Cornejo, reiterated Mallonga. What was evident was Cornejo’s lies under oath which resulted in the filing of a perjury case against her by the Manila prosecutor’s office.

And, aside from perjury, Deniece is also facing serious illegal detention charges together with Cedric Lee, Bernice Lee, Simeon Raz Jr., and Edgardo Sampana. Deniece, Cedric et al allegedly tied up and beat up Navarro before turning him over to the police.

 

ADOBO Today