Published: Tuesday 06 November, 2018

Faulty Battery Blamed After Vape Explodes on Teen’s Face Causing Burns, Injury

vape explosion king sardea

17-year old King Sardea, victim of the vape explosion. (GMA)

Seventeen-year old King Sardea is still recovering after his vape exploded on his face. Sardea is still under observation as his doctors decide if he needs surgery. The vape explosion caused burns and injuries to King’s face, mouth and throat.

A defective battery may have been the cause of the vape explosion. According to a report by GMA News, King Sardea reportedly bought a cheap vape battery recently and this may have been faulty.

A vape battery usually costs around P500. But King Sardea reportedly found a battery for only P200 from an online seller.

  Miss England & Miss Guam Reveal Own Miss Earth 2018 Sexual Harassment Stories

According to an electrical engineer interviewed in the report, just like any electronic gadget, defective batteries may cause damage or injury. We have seen reports around the world of mobile phone catching fire or exploding because of its batteries. Vapes can also be prone to such if its battery is defective.

Meanwhile, Sardea’s mother said she was able to get in touch with the online seller and agreed to meet up. However, he didn’t show up.

“May responsibility rin sila dito, kasi ang sabi ng nanay gumagawa daw ‘yung anak niya ng vape, nag-aayos, pero ‘yung anak niya walang shop. So ibig sabihin hindi siya lisensyado,” said King’s mother.

  Diego Loyzaga Suicide: Unconfirmed Reports Young Actor Tried to Commit Suicide

king sardea vape explosion

 

Leave a Reply

  Subscribe  
Notify of




Inline
Inline